Friday 1 June 2018

22/52 ' looking for home' .....





This is a personal book about trying to find my place, my home.  Starting out with plenty of confusion and wandering in all directions.  Eventually, having passed close by several times, I found my resting place atop the hill.  My heart home.  So I guess it is really a book about searching.  The book pages were made a few years ago with paper left over when working on one of the collaborative works with Fiona Dempster - our 'envelope books'.   I tried at some stage to make them into a book previously but it was a very unsuccessful attempt and I ripped it apart.  The mapping pages have been sitting on/in one of my desk piles for years and have finally been made into a book which pleases me.



With a number of books this year I have used 'greyboard' mostly because it has been expeditious, but with this book I actually think it really suits the imagery.  A number of people who have been following my 'book a week project' have said  that this is their favourite so far and I would have to agree.  Probably because this one comes from the heart! It is a very simple little book but it has meaning.














9 comments:

  1. Hi SB - so satisfying when it comes together. Glad you persisted. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barry. Sometimes the right solution takes a while to present itself!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Mo - 9am better pleased with this effort.

      Delete
  3. I’m m fascinated by this - it’s so beautifully subtle. I’m wondering, are those lovely wandering marks in stitch or pen? I suspect the latter as stitch that close together is tricky on paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I took so long to reply to this lovely comment. The marks are indeed made with pen. Would love to try with three on paper but as you say - could be tricky! Sticking on paper works very well with a sewing machine but mine has a burnt out motor!

      Delete
  4. Loving the greyboard - and so good when the works finds it right place and home...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you understand that sometimes things just don’t work out as planned and then out of the blue a resolution may be found.

      Delete
  5. Oh how lovely they've turned out. Really beautiful !

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments - thank you!